Register & Recorder’s Office
NOTICE: Effective November 2, 2023, the JCP fee is restored to $40.25. We received notice from the PA Courts of this change on November 1, 2023.
The fee schedules below reflect current recording and filing fees.
Please call our office with any questions 814-728-3430
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Register and Recorder’s Office performs the following duties:
- Register of Wills
- Recorder of Deeds and other land records
- Clerk of the Orphans’ Court
- Marriage Licenses
- Processing Guardianships
Applying for a Marriage License in Warren County
MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICANTS MUST ARRIVE IN OUR OFFICE NO LATER THAN 3:30 P.M.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be married.
- Application shall be made in person by both parties to the Clerk of Orphans' Court Office.
- Applicants must show proper identification (driver's license, photo I.D., student I.D., etc.).
- No license shall be issued until or after the third day following the date of application.
- The license is valid for 60 days following issuance and may be used anywhere in Pennsylvania. License is only valid in Pennsylvania.
- The fee is $40.00 payable by cash or check. There is an ATM machine on the first floor of the courthouse.
- Divorced applications must submit original or certified copies of their final divorce decree before license can be issued.
- The office of the Clerk of Orphans' Court of Warren County is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however, you must arrive prior to 3:30 p.m. in order to apply. The application process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Downloadable copy of the Marriage Application guidelines can be found below.
Certified Copy of Marriage License for REAL ID
- Send written request with check or money order for $5.00 payable to Warren County Recorder of Deeds. Mail your payment and request to Register and Recorder's Office, 204 Fourth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365.
- Please include full legal names of both parties and full date and year you were married so that we can locate your record.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope so that we can return your document to you.
- You may also obtain a certified copy of your marriage license in our office Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The fee is $5.00 for a certified copy.
- Please note the deadline for Pennsylvanians REAL ID has been extended to May 7, 2025.
Clerk of the Orphans' Court - Guardianship Tracking System Online Workshops: Fall 2023
The Administrative Office of the Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) is offering a series of online workshops that show court-appointed guardians how to use the new Guardianship Tracking System (GTS). The GTS makes it possible for guardians of adult incapacitated persons to file inventory and annual reports online from any internet-accessible computer. These online workshops are conducted through WebEx. Registration is required. You are welcome to attend any session that fits your schedule.
Workshop Topics Include
• Overview of the GTS
• How to log in to the GTS
• How to navigate the GTS Dashboard
• How to submit guardianship reports online
• How to determine if a report was accepted by the court
• Discuss additional support for GTS submissions
*This is the same subject matter covered in all past workshops, but these classes will be conducted in the new look GTS.
All interested parties must register to attend. Workshop Schedule can be found below. There are morning and afternoon classes. Please download the GUARDIANSHIP TRAINING form below for more information. You can register online at https://pacourts.webex.com. On this page, click on the three horizontal lines appearing to the left and select WebEx Training from the menu. Note: The WebEx Training page may try to open in a new browser page or tab. If you have popup blockers enabled, the page may not open. You may need to disable pop-up blockers, or authorize one-time access if prompted, and then try opening the page again. Click on the Register link next to your preferred class and complete the registration page. Please call the Clerk of Orphans' Court with any questions 814-728-3432.
Real Estate Records Online
Warren County real estate records from 1985 to present are available online at www.uslandrecords.com. To view or download documents, customers must first register and subscribe. There is no charge to search the website for documents, but a fee will be charged to download or print the documents. We also have public terminals available in our office which you may use to research land records and other documents.
Go to Pennsylvania Land Records website and select “Warren” as the county from the drop-down menu. Use criteria like business/personal name and document type to search for your records.
COMING SPRING 2024: All land records dating back to the late 1800's are currently being scanned into an archive format and will be available for online viewing later this Spring. This is a large project which began in January 2022. The completion time of Spring 2024 is the current estimate from the company doing the scanning. This timeframe is subject to change based on scanning issues the vendor may experience with these historic documents.
- Birth Record Application (PDF)
- Certified Copy of Marriage License for REAL ID
- Death Certificate Application (PDF)
- GTS Workshop Schedule (Fall 2023)
- Marriage License Rule in Warren County (PDF)
- Uniform Parcel Identifier Implementation (PDF)
- Recorder of Deeds Fee Sheet Update 11-2-2023
- Register of Wills Fee Sheet 11-2-2023
- Clerk of the Orphans Court Fee Sheet 11-2-2023